Today is always a good day to have a picnic, even if it’s on a picnic blanket right in the middle of your living room floor. If the weather changes quickly, as it does during this time of year, moving inside is a quick way to allow that change to have little impact on your plans. And picnics are always a good time to rekindle and freshen relationships, any relationship.
This dish then fits right in with a packable meal or snack with little preparation time and can be carried onsite, opened up and enjoyed. It’s basic, yet a variety of additions can be brought in to add to your enjoyment, but I’ll start here as I’m adding to my collection of basic foods to eat during a cleanse, specifically a yeast overgrowth cleanse.
Before packing the prepared or canned foods, I roasted string beans with olive oil, sprinkled with salt, pepper and garlic flakes and sliced a radish to add a little crunch. In addition to that and the can of sardines in olive oil, I brought along roasted seaweed as a wrap for the sardines, yet you can use lettuce or any other food wrap you may have on hand, or you can substitute with chips. The sauce I added was from a green juice I’d prepared earlier and saved a little for the occasion, yet you can substitute mustard, one of my favorites, or another condiment of choice.
Take a piece of seaweed, lettuce or a chip and add a string bean, a piece of sardine and a little of the condiment of choice and roll the wrap. Eat and enjoy!
- String Beans
- Sardines, canned
- Mustard of other condiment for dipping
- Sliced radishes
- Nori (Dried Seaweed) or lettuce or chips
- Prepare Roasted String Beans ahead by:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Pat green beans dry with paper towels if necessary; spread onto a jellyroll pan. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic salt.
- Roast in the preheated oven until beans are slightly shriveled, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Take a piece of seaweed, or wrap of choice, or a chip, and add a piece of sardine, string bean,and add a little of the condiment, then wrap it and enjoy.
Thank you for joining us here at Simply Healthy Eats and leave us a comment to let us know how we are doing.